Notice: Undefined index: sfsi_original_counts in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-social-media-icons/libs/controllers/sfsiocns_OnPosts.php on line 45
BÁNH BỘT BÁNG is Vietnamese tapioca cake (dumpling). It looks like a glode with 2 parts. The outer part is made with tapioca, flavoured and colored with pandan – green in color. (It can be made with beetroot juice to get red in color). The inner is sweet, It is made with mung beans paste and sugar. This cake is served as dessert or like snack at any time in a day.
- 150 gr pearl tapioca.
- 250 gr tapioca flour.
- 5 nos Pandan leaves.
- 40 gr Sugar.
- 2 cup water
- 80 gr Skinless mung beans.
- 40 gr Sugar.
- 20 ml coconut cream.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds.
- 1 tbsp table salt.
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Tapioca starch.
- 150 ml coconut cream.
- 150 ml water.
- 3 tbsp white sugar.
- 1/3 tsp salt.
- 1 pandan leaf
1. Wash and soak the mung beans in warm water about 30 minutes or more. Take them out, drained.
2. Boil or steam mung beans until cooked well. Put cooked mung beans into food processor and process to mash them well.
3. Put mashed mung beans into a pan with cooking oil, add coconut cream, sugar. Slowly cook and stir until become a thick paste. (Tapioca starch can be added in for getting texture, easy to form balls)
4. Make the mung beans paste in to small balls.
1. Put pandan leaves and a little of water into a blender, process them well blend, then strain to get pandan juice.
2. Boil the water then pour into 2 bowl. Add pandan leaf juice into first bowl, the second one is plain (Will be white in color when done).
3. Divide the tapioca pearls to 2 equal parts then put in 2 bowls. Soak them about 30 minutes or more.
4. Drain water off from tapioca pearls. Put them into 2 separate bowls, add in tapioca flour, sugar. (1 bowl in white color, 1 bowl in green color – Red color if you use beetroot juice in this method).
1. Divide the tapioca pearl mix into equal parts. Flatten by your hand, then put mung bean ball in middle, fold and seal to close and make them like balls. Do this process until finish.
2. Boil or steam them about 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked well. (BOILING METHOD: cook tapioca cake-balls in boiling water about 15 minute or cooked well; STEAMING METHOD: Under line steamer with oil-banana leaves or grease paper, put the tapioca cake-balls on, steam them about 20 minutes or until cooked well.
Boil the coconut cream in a small sauce pan on medium heat, add sugar, salt, pandan leaf. Mix tapioca starch in water, then put into the pan. Stir well to get desired consistency.
Mix all ingredients well.
Arrange TAPIOCA DUMPLINGS in serving plate, top with spoon full of coconut sauce, sprinkle some SESAME SALT on top and serve as dessert dish.