Miến is Vietnamese word for GLASS NOODLES / CELLOPHANE NOODLES. This noodle dish is very tasty, stir fried with crab meat (CRAB – Vietnamese: CUA) and some vegetables, such as: carrot, mushroom (usually wood ear mushroom), leek, spring onion, …. To cook this dish, make sure the noodle threads is not stick together, the heat is not to high when stir frying. The crab meat is better if it is pick up from fresh boiled crab, and you can keep crab stock to add in noodles when cooking.
RECIPE ( for 2 serves):
- 200 gr Crab meat (or meat from 1 boiled whole crab)
- 300 gr Glass noodle (cellophane noodles – Vietnamese: Miến dong) (or enough for 2 serves)
- 1 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp Chopped garlic
- 30 gr sliced shallot
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger, cut julienne
- 50 gr Leek cut julienne, (or spring onion, cut into 5 cm long)
- 2 nos Wood ears, Soaked in water, then cut into julienne
- 100 gr Carrot, cut into julienne
- Garnishing: Cilantro, chilli julienne
- Seasonings: salt, pepper, fish sauce (or soy sauce), chicken powder
- Soak glass noodles in warm water about 10 to 15 minutes, let the water is drained off. Mix some oil if need, make sure they are not stick together. Set aside.
- In a sauteing pan, with medium heat, put 1/2 tbsp cooking oil, add 1/2 tbsp chopped garlic, saute the crab meat a couple minutes, seasoning lightly with salt, set aside.
- In a wok, on high heat, put 1 tbsp cooking oil, add remaining chopped garlic, then add onion, ginger, carrot, leek, mushroom julienne, put a little crab stock if need, wok fry a couple minutes, turn down the heat to medium, add glass noodles, crab meat, stir well, seasoning with chicken powder, fish sauce (or soy sauce) to taste.
- Put the noodle in serving plate, garnish with chilli julienne and cilantro and crushed pepper from mill then serve.