Notice: Undefined index: sfsi_original_counts in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-social-media-icons/libs/controllers/sfsiocns_OnPosts.php on line 45
Mì xào giòn or Crispy fried noodle with mixture of meat, seafood and vegetable is a delicious noodle dish. It is very popular for any people, any time to enjoy this dish in many restaurants in Vietnam.
It is a combination of many ingredients such as meat (pork meat, pork liver, pork heart, pork kidney, beef, …), seafood (squid, prawn, mussel, fish ball, …) and vegetables (baby bok choy, choy sum, carrot, mushroom, baby corn, water chestnuts…) on the bed of crispy fried noodle with flavored special sauce. It can be served as family meals or any parties (Wedding, Birthday, Anniversary party, …).
Ingredients (for 2 serves):
- 250 gr egg noodle
- 100 gr Pork loin, thinly sliced
- 100 gr squid fillet, pineapple cuts, blanched
- 100 gr or 6 nos tiger prawn, peeled (tail on), deveined, blanched
- 50 gr each of pork liver, kidney, heart – thinly sliced
- 100 gr baby bok choy or choy sum, washed, cut 5 cm long
- 100 gr carrot, peeled, cut into flowers
- 1 no onion – 1/2 cut into wedges, 1/2 chopped
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 100 gr cauliflower, cut florets
- 2 nos tomato, wedges
- 50 gr water chestnut, peeled, boiled, halved
- 2 tbsp cornflour, dissolved in 50 ml water
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 /2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Seasonings: soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, pepper, chicken powder
- Garnish: cilantro, spring onion
- Condiment: sliced chilli, soy sauce
- Noodle: put water into a pot, add some salt and 1 tbsp cooking oil, bring to a boil. Add noodle, stir the noodle to prevent sticking a bout 1 minutes. Take the noodle off, rinse under cold water, then let the water drained off, set aside at room temperature
- Meanwhile, blanch the vegetables (bok choy/choysum, carrot, cauliflower) in boiling water (but not over cooked), then refresh in ice water. This method makes the veggies looks nice in color and crunchy. Set aside.
- Deep fry the noodle (in deep fryer about 180 C degree) until crispy, then put the noodle into serving plates.
- Heat the wok on blowing gas-stove until very hot, add cooking oil and tilt the wok for the oil coated all inside wok so that the food is not stick in the wok when cooking, add chopped garlic, chopped onion, quickly stir in a second then add meat, liver, kidney, seafood, shake the wok and flambe with high temperature, then add vegetables, continuing shaking about 2 to 3 minutes. Add chicken stock, when boiling, add cornflour to thicken the sauce lightly and every things just cooked, seasoning with some salt, pepper, sesame oil, oyster sauce, soy sauce to taste.
- Ladle the sauce and contains on top of crispy noodle, garnish with some sliced chilli, cilantro and serve immediately.