Notice: Undefined index: sfsi_original_counts in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-social-media-icons/libs/controllers/sfsiocns_OnPosts.php on line 45
CHẢ is Vietnamese “SAUSAGE”. It is made from beef (CHẢ BÒ), pork (CHẢ LỤA, CHẢ QUẾ, …) or fish CHẢ CÁ). The meat (or fish) is ground, added some ingredients then cooked. There are many types of shape and method cooking like steaming, roasting or deepfrying, wrapping (CHẢ LỤA, CHẢ HUẾ, …) or not (as CHẢ CHIÊN, CHẢ QUẾ, …), ….
QUẾ – Vietnamese for CINNAMON, that means It (FORCEMEAT) is flavored with cinnamon. CHẢ QUẾ can be roasted or deep-fried and served as APPETIZER or an ingredient in some dishes such as BÚN BÒ HUẾ, BÁNH CUỐN, …
- 500 gr minced pork (from leg or belly, skin off)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp white peppercorn, cracked
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 30 ml ice water
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (or arrowroot starch, tapioca starch)
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp honey
- In a mixing bowl, add minced pork, fish sauce, salt, sugar, pepper, baking powder, cinnamon, cornstarch, mix them well and keep in freezer about 1 or 2 hours. (This mixture is called FORCEMEAT)
- Using food processor, blend the forcemeat until become smooth paste. Add some ice water and cooking oil in during this process. Remember, the forcemeat temperature is maintained about 2 to 3 degree C. This step should be done a few times by keeping in freezer 1 hour before processing.
- In small bowl, mix 1 tsp cooking oil, 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder and 1 tsp honey for GLAZE.
- Cooking: there are 2 methods to cook CHẢ QUẾ:
- Roasting method: Force the forcemeat in mold or greased baking tray and cook in oven about 20 minutes, brush the CHẢ QUẾ with the GLAZE mixture then cook 5 minutes more or until getting golden brown color on top and cooked well.
- Steaming and Deep-frying method: divide forcemeat in small portion or flattening them (about 2 inches thickness) then steam the forcemeat until just cooked then deep-fry CHẢ QUẾ for getting golden brown in color. (needn’t GLAZE in this step)
- CHẢ QUẾ can be served at room temperature or still hot as APPETIZER or an ingredient in some main dishes.