Notice: Undefined index: sfsi_original_counts in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-social-media-icons/libs/controllers/sfsiocns_OnPosts.php on line 45
Qormah e Alou-Bokhara wa Dalnakhod
Lamb or Chicken QORMAH, cooked with yogurt, sour plums, lentils, and spices.
- 1 Tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 Big onion chopped
- 1 Cup yogurt
- 500 gr Lamb, or Chicken, Cut into chunks
- 3 Tbsp chana dal (Lentil)
- 2 Tomatoes chopped
- 2 Green mirchi’s (Green chili)
- 2 Tsp red chilli powder (Adjust as needed)
- 5 Sour plums pre soaked\
- 1 Tsp garam masala powder (Optional)
- 1/2 Tsp turmeric
- 1/2 Cup water
- 3 Tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Coriander springs to garnish
- Heat pan with oil to medium heat.
- Add ginger garlic paste to pan and saute them for few seconds.
- Add onions to pan, cook them to translucent.
- Now add meat chunks, stir to seal, followed by yogurt to pan.
- Sprinkle turmeric powder, salt to the ingredients.
- Now cook with a closed lid for 2 minutes.
- Add chana dal, tomatoes , sour plums, green chili’s, chili powder, garam masala and 1/2 Cup water. Turn heat up.
- Mix them well and cook with a closed lid for 6 to 7 minutes. Adjust salt and chilli powder if needed.
- Cook with open lid and allow the gravy to become thicker and meat is soft.
- Garnish with chopped coriander, now qorma is ready to serve.
- Sour plums can be replaced with 1Tsp amchur powder (Green mango powder).
- Vegetarian version: use bean curd instead of meat, and replace yogurt with cashew almond nut paste.