- 1 kg minced pork (30% to 40% fat)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200 gr garlic cloves, minced
- 100 gr black peppercorn, cracked
- 40 ml fish sauce, good quality
- 10 gr sugar
- 30 gr cornstarch (or arrowroot starch, tapioca starch)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Banana leaves for wrapping
- In mixing bowl, mix minced meat with salt, fish sauce, sugar, cornstarch, baking powder, garlic then keep in freezer about 1 hour.
- Put marinated meat into food processor, blend well, add some ice water and cooking oil (1 tbsp) during process. Maintaining the meat at temperature about 2 to 3 degree C. Put back to freezer 1 hour more.
- Take meat out from freezer, then continuing blend meat in food processor until become smooth paste (Called forcemeat), add cracked black peppercorn, mix well.
- Now, wrap the forcemeat with banana leaves into small parcels (like TAMALE), tie carefully then steam them about 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked well.
- CHẢ HUẾ can be served as appetizer or served in HUE NOODLE SOUP (Bún bò Huế), …