It is originated from South-west of Vietnam, but not popular. Main ingredients are still special rice noodle (toughness), fresh squid, minced pork, quail eggs and some local herbs (scallions, garlic chives, fried shallot, garlic oil, …)
Ingredients: (For 04 serves)
- 400 gr fresh rice noodle (or dry rice noodle cooked as package instruction)
- 1 kg fresh squid, washed, cut bite sized pieces
- 2 liters chicken or pork stock (or water)
- 200 gr minced pork
- 50 gr dried shrimps, washed, soak in water 15 minutes
- 2 nos carrots, peeled, sliced flower-shape
- 200 gr straw mushroom, cut into halves
- 1/2 no onion, peeled
- 1 no garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 nos shallots, finely chopped
- Seasonings: Salt, pepper, sugar, fish sauce
- 6 nos quail egg, boiled, shelled
- Garnish: sliced scallion, Lettuce, celery, bean sprouts.
- Condiments: bean sprouts, lettuce, celery, sliced chili, lime wedges, fish sauce, green chili sauce
- Broth: Put stock (or water) into soup pot, add onion, dried shrimp, bring to a boil, about 20 minutes.
- In sauteing pan, with medium heat, saute garlic, shallot with 2 tablespoons cooking oil until golden brown, transfer to a bowl. Use the same pan, saute minced pork a couple minutes, then add into the stock.
- Seasoning the broth taste
- 10 minutes before serving: Add carrot flowers, mushrooms into the broth, cook just soft.
- Serving: Blanch noodle in boiling water, put into serving bowl. Blanch squid in broth about 1 to 2 minutes or just cooked, put on top of noodle with quail eggs. Ladle very hot broth with contains (carrot and mushroom) to cover noodle, Garnish with fresh herbs, sprouts, fried garlic, shallot, and serve with condiments