Lemongrass chicken is a delicious dish and easy to cook, The Ingredients are easy to find in all Asian markets. It is usually served with steamed rice as main meal.
- 800gr Chicken, Bone-in or boneless
- 2 to 3 stalks Lemongrass, chopped
- 2 Onions, peeled, cut into wedges
- 50 gr Garlic clove, peeled, chopped
- 3 or 5 nos Red hot chile (less or more)
- 70 ml Fish sauce or to taste
- 70 gr Sugar or to taste
- 2 teaspoons Turmeric powder (optional)
- 50 gr Green onion, cut 1.5 inches long
- 100 ml coconut milk (optional)
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- 50 ml Cooking oil
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces, put into mixing bowl, along with chopped lemongrass, garlic, chili, turmeric, fish sauce, sugar, and 25 ml oil. Mix well and let stand for about 30 minutes or more ( in fridge) until cooking.
- Heat the wok over high heat, add remaining oil, add in 1/2 tbsp chopped onion, 1 tbsp chopped garlic. Quickly wok-fry a few seconds, add in chicken, continous sauteing about 3 to 5 minutes. Add coconut milk (optional) or some water, keep stir-fry then turn down heat to cook until the chicken is cooked well, the sauce is thicker. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- In another wok, Saute the onion wedges, just cooked.
- Add cooked onion (step 3) and cut spring onion into chicken, stir well then serve with steam rice.