Notice: Undefined index: sfsi_original_counts in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-social-media-icons/libs/controllers/sfsiocns_OnPosts.php on line 45
Focaccia; Focaccio. [foh-kah-chyah]
This Italian bread begins by being shaped into a large, flat round that is liberally brushed or drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with salt. Slits cut into the dough’s surface may be stuffed with fresh rosemary before the bread is baked. Focaccia can be eaten as a snack, or served as an accompaniment to soups or salads.It’s also used as sandwich bread.
- 2 cups warm water (test with your wrist)
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 cups flour (I used 2 white and 2 wheat)
- 1/2 cup melted butter or olive oil
- Italian herbs
- Parmesan cheese
- Dissolve yeast into water.
- Add sugar and salt.
- Add flour and mix until dough is formed.
- Spray baking sheet and press dough into pan using wet fingers.
- Top with butter or oil and other toppings
- Let rise in warm place for 45 minutes.
- Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve hot.