Notice: Undefined index: sfsi_original_counts in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-social-media-icons/libs/controllers/sfsiocns_OnPosts.php on line 45
Italian for SLIPPER, describing a long wide loaf of bread with a soft interior and a crisp, thin crust.
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 1/4 cups Flour; (4.06 cups of spelt)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Yeast
Original recipe makes 20 Servings
- Place ingredients into the pan of the bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Select the Dough cycle, and Start. Dough will be quite sticky and wet once cycle is completed, resist the temptation to add more flour.
- Place dough on a lightly floured board, cover with a large bowl, and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Lightly flour or use parchment lined baking sheets.
- Divide into 2 pieces, and form each into a 13×14 inch oval.
- Place loaves on prepared sheets, dimple surface, and lightly flour. Cover, and let rise in a draft free place for approximately 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degree F. Dimple dough for a second time, and then place loaves in the oven, positioned on the middle rack. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. During baking, spritz loaves with water every 5 to 10 minutes for a crispier crust.
(Recipe’s coppied from https://www.bigoven.com/recipe/ciabatta-bread-recipe/159794)